LM1117-N/LM1117 1.8V SOT 223 800mA Low-Dropout Linear Regulator
The LM1117-N is a series of low dropout voltage • Available in 1.8V, 2.5V, 2.85V, 3.3V, 5V, and
regulators with a dropout of 1.2V at 800mA of load Adjustable Versions
• Space Saving SOT-223 and WSON Packages Instruments’ industry standard LM317.
• Current Limiting and Thermal Protection The LM1117-N is available in an adjustable version,
• Output Current 800mA which can set the output voltage from 1.25V to 13.8V
• Line Regulation 0.2% (Max) with only two external resistors. In addition, it is also
available in five fixed voltages, 1.8V, 2.5V, 2.85V, • Load Regulation 0.4% (Max)
3.3V, and 5V.
• Temperature Range
The LM1117-N offers current limiting and thermal
– LM1117-N: 0°C to 125°C
shutdown. Its circuit includes a zener trimmed
– LM1117I: −40°C to 125°C bandgap reference to assure output voltage accuracy
to within ±1%.
APPLICATIONS The LM1117-N series is available in WSON, PFM,
• 2.85V Model for SCSI-2 Active Termination SOT-223, TO-220, and TO-263 DDPAK packages. A
• Post Regulator for Switching DC/DC Converter minimum of 10µF tantalum capacitor is required at
the output to improve the transient response and
• High Efficiency Linear Regulators stability.
• Battery Charger
• Battery Powered Instrumentation